Wednesday 5 July 2017

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness Book Review (Spoiler Free!)


Okay guys. Let me just start off by saying this has to be one of the most HEARTBREAKING books I've read in my life! I've just finished it today due to my busy college life - But I finally finished it. And not going to lie, I shed a tear or two reading the final chapters.

The story follows Conor O'Malley and his mum his dying of cancer. He's trying his best to help her and keep his head held high,  With this Conor is also dealing with some boys who go to the same school as him. They use any excuse to pick on him. Then, at midnight. The Monster Calls, but it isn't the same one he's been expecting. This monster wants the truth.

I knew when I got this in the bundle of #ZoellasBookClub this would be a favourite. After reading this, It definitely is.  This book was so beautiful and insightful. And as I said before, I never really get emotional when reading books but I did with this one.  The pack of tissues my friend Zoe from No Safer Place said to get was definitely needed!

Patrick Ness is a beautiful writer who knows how to write things delicately and stunningly. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and it gets a 5/5 from me and I want to read it again. Would definitely recommend.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Ahh, it's September! When the dreaded "Back to School" signs start popping up in shops, making sure you have the right equi...