Friday 21 July 2017

Lana Del Rey Lust For Life (Album Review)


Hey everyone! So, today Lana Del Rey dropped her much anticipated album Lust For Life! Her first album since Honeymoon in 2016. I am a huge Lana fan so some opinions MAY be over exaggerated but these views are completely my own. I will be rating the songs 5/5 1 being not so good, 5 being very good! Then, I'll rate the whole album out of 10.


Track 1 - Love.

This was the first song Lana dropped to get us hyped for the album. I fell in love with it instantly.  It's just so pure and genuine and I love hearing Lana's soft singing voice.  This song got me very hyped for the Lust for Life album and it was a great lead single.

Rating 5/5

Track 2 - Lust for Life - feat. The Weekend

The next track for Lust for Life album is the track named Lust for Life. I absolutely adore this song. It's just so soft and pure. I can't say I particularly like the collaboration with The Weeknd but the song as a whole was very beautiful.

Rating 4.5/5

Track 3 - 13 Beaches

This was the first song that I haven't previously heard before the album came out like LFL and Love but I really liked this song! It was giving me all the Lana Del Rey vibes I love and the song was well written!

Rating - 4.5/5

Track 4 - Cherry

I heard this was a song that most people were excited to here, me being one of them. I LOVED this song. If I had to pick a favourite, it would definitely be this one. I just loved the passion in her voice and you can tell she meant every word she sung.

Rating 5/5

Track 5 - White Mustang

I like the beat to this, it almost sounds like a ballad and a sad song. I loved the message this song had about Summer and all the lovers. This song was really well done. Overall, I really loved this song.

Rating 4.5/5

Track 6 - Summer Bummer - feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti

Again with the Lust for Life song, I can't say I like these rappers featuring on Lana's album. I feel her voice is strong enough to cope on it's own for the entire album. She proved this with Honeymoon that has 0 featurettes. I really enjoyed this song.

Rating 4/5

Track 7 - Groupie Love - feat. A$AP Rocky

I know I said I didn't really like rappers featuring on her music however, I did enjoy Groupie Love. I couldn't compare this song to anything else, I could really visualise a music video for this song which is what I love doing with songs that aren't singles yet.

Rating 4.5/5

Track 8 - In My Feelings

Holy cow! This song got me in ALL the feels. (Probably the point by the title) but nonetheless I really loved this song and the darkness too it. I could hear the pain in her voice and ugh, it was just so lovely to listen too.

Rating 5/5

Track 9 - Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind

This was the second song she released I believe, feel free to correct me in the comments but, I really liked this song. It had a message for teenagers at music festivals and it felt a little dark to me not going to lie! But I loved that.

Rating 4/5

Track 10 - God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

Ahh! This song was again, so good. I don't think there'll ever be a Lana song I dislike.  I really loved listening to this and the message behind it too, I don't have much to say other than it was really beautiful.

Rating 4/5


Track 11 - When the world was at war, we kept dancing

I loved the message behind this and I love how you can relate it to modern day even though it mentions war which happened along time ago, but it could also mean just dancing and being happy with each other.

Rating 4.5/5


Track 12 - Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems - feat. Stevie Nicks

I loved the piano (I think) beat to it, Another song where Lana just sounds so pure and genuine. I really hope this becomes a single. Stevie actually fit really well with the song, I wasn't sure how she would if I'm honest but yeah, she did!

Rating 4/5

Tack 13 - Tomorrow never came - feat. Sean Ono Lennon 

I'm going to say it.. I don't really like Sean's part. I felt I could hear him more than Lana when they sang together which I didn't really like. In terms of Lana's part, I definitely enjoyed it. It's so calming

Rating 3/5

Track 14 - Heroin

Almost done my dudes! Thanks for sticking it out if you got this far :) But, I really enjoyed this song as well! It was very mature and dark and I love this side of Lana and I wished we heard a little more on the album.

Rating 4/5

Track 15 - Change

Okay, I know I said Cherry was my favourite but Change is right up there with it! This is such a BEAUTIFUL track, I really loved the whole message "Change" it had too it. Overall, this song was amazing.

Rating 5/5

Track 16 - Get Free

Ahh last song! My fingers are hurting now haha, anyways. this song was a really great way to close the album. I really enjoyed it.  I don't have much to say other than I really enjoyed it. :) Great job Lana!

Track 4/5

OVERALL ALBUM RATING - 10/10

This album gets a TEN from me. I love Lana and wasn't prepared for this album. It was just SO amazing!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Ahh, it's September! When the dreaded "Back to School" signs start popping up in shops, making sure you have the right equi...